27 March 2006

Pullman and quick intro

Here's a link to an excellent article about the boss, Philip Pullman.

http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/articles/051226fa_fact

I had planned to start this blog with an introduction, but it's after 11 p.m. and I need to sleep and I didn't want to mess around with, well, anything right now.

I'm Melinda. This blog's going to be about writing children's literature, mainly, because that's what I'm obsessed with. But I'll also have random comments about my family (my husband and a kid) and gardening (because I'm a jaded ex-horticulturalist who writes articles for gardening magazines) and books (I'm reading the Iliad right now, but I've started reading it too fast and I'll have to go back and read some chapters over).

My posts might run long because when I let my fingers do the talking, they tend to blab. But I'll do my damndest to keep it interesting.

More tomorrow, or the next day, sometime soon anyway. Anyhoo, welcome aboard.

No comments: