01 August 2006

I need an antidepressant.

Gloom, despair , and agony on me!
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery!
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.
Gloom, despair, and agony on me!

I hate when I don't win stuff. And I know it's the synopsis that got me. Remember how agent Regina Brooks told me, "Girl, your synopsis is confusing as heck!" I'm sure that's what happened here. Where's the bourbon!

And the job search sucks! And my old cat died and I still feel sad! And I can't figure out where $100 of my money went the other day! Not that I need it, ha ha! But on the bright side, my kid's over at her friend's house playing, and I can work. And my critique buddies Shevi and Angela won stuff. So that's nice. I'm really, really, really trying to be happy but I'm afraid that right now I'm in this Anne Lamott funk.

I just need to do a little primal scream therapy and then I'll feel better. And also find that $100.

Edit 10 minutes later -- The credit union just called -- they're going to fix it! They're going to credit my account! That's so nice of them!

So one thing is going right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel you on the synopsis. I think that if I didnt have to write a synopsis, I would have sold something long ago. Writing a synopsis is much harder than writing a book.