13 October 2006

This 'n that.

My work day was done, technically, and I was putting on my coat and about to race out the door when one of the artists said, stick around a minute, I'm printing out some corrections. So here I am, writing a few lines in the blog while I wait for him to get them to me. Well, at least they'll be done. Though I'm sure I'll see these pages again on Monday with totally new corrections to make.

The other day I actually had some time to write at work, and boy, what a relief it was. (They'll let you do whatever you like if there's no work sitting on your desk -- real nice workplace I got here.) Like I've been saying (or complaining), with Symphonians it's one step forward and two steps back. I had been working on the second-to-last scene, but then I ended up jumping back 40 pages from the end to fix up Kay's attitude. Carter had just attempted suicide -- a cry for help? A bid for attention? A way to trap her? -- and her actions directly afterward were bothering me. A guy takes pills in front of you -- that's going to detonate a depth charge in your soul. But at the same time it really drives home the realization that she's got to get out of the relationship. So I was able to work on Kay's turning point, and now I feel a little better. I'm not totally satisfied with it, but I'll just keep working on it.

Remind me to tell you about that Anthony Gomes concert we went to last weekend, it was a blast.

No comments: